REAL MEN ARE KIND TO ANIMALS :)
Firefighters in Wisconsin had an unusual task in front of them when they appeared on the scene of a house fire on Tuesday.
A fire had started on the second floor of a home while the family's 17 year old son Dwight Brochardt was out walking one of their dogs.
He returned to the house and was met by clouds of smoke stemming from upstairs.
Breath of life: Firefighter Jared Thompson (left) helps as Jamie Giese (right) attempts to give the dog Coda mouth-to-nose resuscitation
Using their skills: Firefighters Jared Thompson (L) and Jamie Giese (R) carry Coda off to give him and oxygen mask before going to two vet hospitals
Knowing that both his father, Todd Borchardt and his father's fiancee, Kim Carlson, were out of the house, Dwight went upstairs to find the rest of the family's pets.
The family's cats, named Lavender and Mocha, and a friend's yellow Labrador called Coda that they were taking care of were all still missing in the house, but the smoke was too overwhelming for Dwight so he ran outside.
The fire was reported around 4.00pm and fire fighters found Coda sitting on a rocking chair, probably in shock, in the room where the fire is thought to have started.
Firefighters were photographed carrying a limp Coda that wasn't breathing out of the burning house, and they didn't let their training go to waste.
While they are more used to dealing with unconscious humans, firefighters Jamie Giese and Jared Thompson performed mouth-to-nose artificial respiration on Coda in an attempt to revive the animal.
Happy ending: Coda was just staying with the family whose house caught fire as his owners, friends of the family, were out of town
They also splashed his soot-covered fur with water and later used an oxygen mask to bring life back to the pet.
'It was all improvised,' Mr Giese said.
Thankfully, the quick-thinking worked: Coda was taken to two different pet hospitals and stayed in the latter overnight to recover.
All ends well in this rescue, as Mocha and Lavender were found in the basement unharmed, presumably scampering down there to avoid danger.
Coda's owners can be sure that he received the most attentive care under his babysitters. The Borchardts had only been watching the dog for four days when the fire happened.
'He's just a sweetheart,' Mr Borchardt told a local newspaper. 'He's been following me around for two days straight.'